- Transcripts showing courses and grades from all post-secondary schools attended.
- Statement of Academic Purpose not to exceed 1,000 words, emphasizing academic goals, anticipated program of study and expected impact on career.
- Writing sample of maximum 10 pages in English, composed of one piece or a combination of up to three pieces or selections showing analytic capability.
- Three letters of recommendation from persons with direct knowledge of the applicant’s academic background and abilities. No more than one letter should be submitted from supervisors or colleagues at an applicant’s place of employment.
- GRE scores (general test).
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)/IELTS is required for all international students whose native language is not English or whose undergraduate degree is from an institution in a country whose official language is not English.
- Language proficiency equivalent to two years of post-secondary study of a language appropriate to the applicant’s plan of study.
Please note: only applicants who are admitted should send materials (i.e., official transcripts) by mail to the GSAS Office of Admissions. Unofficial transcripts and other supplemental application materials should be uploaded through the online application system.