Second Annual Sovereign Wealth Fund Conference
From “Savings Glut” to Sustainable Growth
October 17-18, 2011 • 6-8PM
ESCP Europe, Paris, France
- Amar Bhattacharya, Director Intergovernmental Group of Twenty-Four on International Monetary Affairs and Development
- Al Gore, Chairman of the Board, Generation Investment Management
- Nathalie Kosciusko-Morizet, Minister Ministry of Ecology, Sustainable Development, Transport and Housing of France
- Carlos Obeid, Chief Financial Officer, Mubadala Development Corporation
- Jin Liqun, Chairman, China Investment Corporation
- Augustin de Romanet, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Caisse des Depots et Consignations (France)
- Christian Noyer, Governor, Bank of France
- Saskia Sassen, Robert S. Lynd Professor of Sociology, Columbia University
- Lord Nicholas Stern, I.G. Professor and Chair of the Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment, London School of Economics
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, University Professor, Columbia University
“From ‘Savings Glut’ to Sustainable Growth” brought together investors from sovereign wealth, pension and other long-term funds with policymakers, academics and leading economic thinkers for an intensive two-day program of plenary sessions, smaller working groups and keynote addresses. The discussion focused on how SWFs and similar funds can transform savings into a force for global financial, geopolitical and environmental stability, without sacrificing profit. SWFs and other long-term investors have tremendous opportunity to play an increasingly productive role on the international stage; this conference series explores the avenues and obstacles to doing so.
Part of the Sustainable Investment CGT Signature Research Project.