World Leaders Forum featuring Jan Eliasson:
Global Leadership in the 21st Century
Undergraduate and Graduate Student Workshops
Learn how to affect change in your community and in the world
November 29, 2017 · 1:30 – 3:00 PM
We live at an exciting time: most of the assumptions that underpinned the post war and then the post-Cold War world seem to be changing. Societies and their leaders have to cope with, but also try to shape a new world. Arguably a new kind of leadership is also needed, which is one of the driving forces behind the Tällberg Foundation leadership initiative. The World Leaders Forum will feature a conversation about the demands facing great leaders among the 2017 Tällberg Global Leaders, and a conversation about the world today between former UN Deputy Secretary General Jan Eliasson and Columbia University’s Vishakha Desai.
Click here to access registration for the World Leaders Forum event to be held Tuesday, November 28, 2017 from 6:30 – 8:00 PM in the Italian Academy Teatro. The Committee on Global Thought is sponsoring student workshops in conjunction with the this event. Please note that workshop space is limited to Columbia University students only, and registration is required.
Faculty House, Garden Room 1
- Rodrigo Rubido Alonso, Architect and Community Mobilizer
- Bright Simons, Technology Innovator and Activist based in Ghana
- Moderated by Laura Neitzel, CGT Academic Director
Faculty House, Presidential Room 1
- Rebecca Heller, Lawyer, Co-founder of the International Refugee Assistance Project
- Fiorenzo Omenetto, Biomedical engineer using silk worms to rid the world of plastic
- Moderated by Patricia Culligan, Professor of Civil Engineering and CGT Member