African Services Committee
Hotline and Administrative Volunteer (Spanish)
Application Deadline: Friday, November 12th, 12 PM ET
- Manage requests for legal assistance
- Return client calls
- Screen potential clients for immigration eligibility
- Assist staff with translations and legal research
- Other administrative tasks as assigned
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a bachelor’s or master’s program in International Relations, Social Sciences, or related Global fields
- Cultural awareness of and sensitivity to vulnerable immigrant populations
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills with high attention to detail
- Fluent or highly conversational in Spanish
- Must be able to converse expertly with native speakers about a variety of sensitive and detailed topics.
- Intern will learn about the African Services Committee as well as various social services available to immigrant populations in New York.
- The intern will deepen understanding of immigration law, policy, and practice in the United States.
- Intern will develop problem solving skills, client service skills, and intercultural social work skills.
- Intern will learn how to manage client affairs within established deadlines, to provide the best service possible.