What Does ‘Imperialism’ Mean in an Age of Global Finance?
March 29 – March 30, 2011 · 8:00PM-11:00PM
Columbia University, 501 Schermerhorn
- C.P. Chandrasekhar, Professor of Economics, Centre for Economic Studies and Planning, Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Duncan Foley, Professor of Economics, Department of Economics, The New School for Social Research
- Jayati Ghosh, Professor and Chairperson, Centre for Economic Studies and Planning, Jawaharlal Nehru University
- David Harvey, Professor of Anthropology, Department of Anthropology, City University of New York
- Jomo Kwame Sundaram, Assistant Secretary-General for Economic Development, Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA), United Nations
- Prabhat Patnaik, Professor of Economics, Department of Economics, Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Sitaram Yechury, Parliamentary Group Leader, Communist Party of India
This symposium will run over two evenings, starting each day at 8:00 p.m. This event is free and open to the public, and seating is first come first served.
Click here for information on the event on March 30th.