The Committee on Global Thought is hiring an Administrative Assistant (Work Study) for the Spring 2021 semester!
The successful applicant will work 10-15 hours per week and report directly to the CGT Program Coordinator. This is a remote position until further notice.
- Assist in online outreach and promotion of CGT events and programs at Columbia and in New York City.
- Update web site via WordPress.
- Design promotional and advertising materials.
- Manage social media accounts, including researching stories, drafting content, and highlighting Committee-related research and news items.
- Help staff to produce virtual academic events (may include occasional evening hours).
- Curate post-event content including images, videos, and write-ups.
- Provide administrative support to the M.A. Academic Coordinator with various tasks related to the 2021 program intake, including but not limited to the organization of applicant files
- Students must be enrolled in a Columbia University degree program with a FWS award as part of their Financial Aid package.
- General office experience is required as is a strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications (specifically Word, Excel, and Publisher).
- Applicants must be detail-oriented, able to multi-task and must be able to utilize self-initiative in beginning tasks on their own after initial instruction.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
Hourly Rate: $16/hr
Interviews will begin the week of January 18th. The selected applicant is expected to begin immediately. CGT is willing and able to accommodate flexible work schedules. This is a remote position until further notice.
Click here to access the Work Study Portal and submit your application today!