Bringing together scholars of memory from the social sciences and humanities, cognitive science and neuroscience, and curators of historical and memorial museums to examine the politics and cultures of memory.
Conversations on Memory, with Orhan Pamuk, Joseph Le Doux,
Partha Chatterjee, and Carol Gluck (November 19, 2013) – Watch the Video
Recent Event: Friday, May 2, 2014, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Panel: The Past in Public: Museums and Memory
Barbara Kirshenblatt-Gimblett and Clifford Chanin
Barbara Kirshenblatt-Gimblett speaks to an audience including Jacqueline Eidelman, Brigitte Sion, Denis Peschanksi, Andreas Huyssen and Clifford Chanin
Valerie Paley and Andreas Huyssen
- Clifford Chanin, National September 11 Memorial and Museum
- Stephane Grimaldi, Mémorial de Caen
- Barbara Kirshenblatt-Gimblett, Performance Studies, New York University, and Museum of the History of Polish Jews, Warsaw
- Valerie Paley, New York Historical Society
- Jacqueline Eidelman, Department of National Heritage, French Ministry of Culture and Communication, France
- Andreas Huyssen, German and Comparative Literature, Columbia University
This series is made possible by support from the Committee on Global Thought, CNRS (National Center for Scientific Research, France), MATRICE, and the Mémorial de Caen, with the French National Research Agency, heSam and Institut National de L’Audiovisuel.