Global Thought Experience
Global Thought Experience (GTE) is an experiential learning initiative sponsored by the Committee on Global Thought. The program enables Columbia undergraduate students to use knowledge and skills learned in the classroom to address pressing issues for communities in Global New York.
Important Information for Students
Program Details & Requirements for 2022-2023
- The 2022-2023 program will run from October 2022 thru May 2023.
- The program requires that students complete 3-6 hours/week of service at their assigned organization, and participate in two group meetings over the course of the year.
- GTE participants are given the unique opportunity to participate in various programs sponsored by the Committee on Global Thought. Past programs have included a citizenship naturalization ceremony and opportunities to network with immigrant activists and non-profit leaders.
- Program testimonials from former GTE participants are available here.
- As an experiential learning initiative, please note that GTE is non-credit-bearing.
- Applications for the 2022-2023 Global Thought Experience Program are closed. Applications for the 2023-2024 Global Thought Experience will be accepted in September 2023.
- Please note that applications sent to CGT staff via email or to organizations directly will not be considered for GTE participation. Furthermore, students who arrange volunteer work with organizations independently of the program application process cannot retroactively join GTE.
Please email the CGT Student Affairs and Program Manager, Farryl Last, at email@example.com with any questions.