M.A. Professional Opportunities and Career Support
The flexible design of the program attracts diverse students who complete the M.A. in Global Thought with enhanced research skills and a capacious knowledge of the complex processes that shape the contemporary world. They pursue careers in development, nongovernment organizations, government, public policy, academia, research, and the private sector. The combination of rigorous academic research and broad intellectual range prepares them well for employment, as well as for further study in professional schools or Ph.D. programs.
Internship Opportunities and Job Search Resources
Careers Without Borders
This workshop series brings M.A. students together with professionals from a wide variety of fields in order to network and think about global careers.
Past workshops have featured:
- Cyna Alderman Former executive and creator of the Innovation Lab at New York Daily News; Senior Vice President, Business Management & General Counsel, Family Office
- Rajesh Bilimoria Innovation, design and management researcher and writer and adjunct faculty at NYU Stern School of Business and Parsons School of Design; Former Vice President at Continuum
- Filiz Bikmen Founding Director of Programs and International Relations at Sabanci Foundation; Founder and Adviser, Constellations for Change
- Cecilia Chapiro, Investment Advisor, UNICEF Venture Fund; Co-Founder and Executive Director, Yunus&Youth
- Asha Curran, Chief Innovation Officer and Director of the Belfer Center for Innovation & Social Impact, 92nd Street Y; CEO, #GivingTuesday
- Vishakha N. Desai, Vice Chair, Committee on Global Thought; Senior Advisor for Global Affairs to the President; Senior Research Scholar, School of International and Public Affairs
- Will Doig, Independent Journalist and Author
- David Park, Dean of Strategic Initiatives, Arts & Sciences; Faculty Director, M.A. in Global Thought